Many people think that gardening is reserved for the spring and summer months when we plant out our annuals and the grass needs mowing on an almost weekly bases, but Autumn is the perfect time to get out and prepare your garden for winter and the new growth in spring
Our top 10 jobs for October
- Regularly rake up fallen autumn leaves
- Perennials that have died down can be cut back
- Now is the perfect time to divide herbaceous perennials and rhubarb crowns
- Move tender plants into a greenhouse
- October is the perfect time for planting out spring cabbages
- Apples, pears, grapes and nuts should all be ready to harvest
- Climbing roses can be pruned
- October could be the last chance to mow lawns and trim hedges
- If your lawn is in need of some TLC now is the time to create new grass areas by laying turf
- Follow our winter maintenance instructions for your exterior joinery
Our trellises have a sturdy 34 x 45 frame. The bottom edge of the framing has drainage holes to prevent water sitting in the groove and reducing the life expectancy of your panels. It is important that the panels are brushed down and the drainage holes cleared of any fallen leaves or debris. Performing this simple task each year will extend the life of your panels ensuring they last for many years.
Our paint system is extremely durable and with proper care and maintenance, will give you many years of pleasure. Whether you are looking for classic trellis, contemporary slatted or solid avenue, our panels are available painted in a range of beautiful carefully selected colours from our own palette, or if you wish to match an existing scheme, we have a colour matching service. If you require any information regarding our paints or the recommended maintenance, all our paint information can be found on our website.
Planters are an ideal way of getting colour into you garden. Planting winter shrubs into one of our painted planters adds a attractive visual focal point in a dreary corner of any garden.
For more ideas, helpful tips and advice please visit check our website of call one of our professional friendly customer services advisors on 01255 688361
Garden Trellis Direct - Our Online Shop
Not looking for bespoke? Need a quick solution? Please see our standard range of trellis panels, contemporary slatted panels, planters and just in time for those winter fires, our new log stores in our storage & covers section on our online shop www.gardentrellisdirect.co.uk - painted items are available within just 3 weeks!
Garden Trellis Direct painted large log store
For all Garden Trellis Direct enquiries, please call 0845 5048821.