There are countless benefits to working from home - no more office tea round, less distracting chit-chat and increased flexibility, to name a few - and it’s becoming increasingly popular, with a survey showing that over 1.5 million Brits work from home for their main job. But if you work from your study, living room, or kitchen table, you could miss out on having a dedicated workspace to call your own - not to mention blurring the lines between work and home life as you work where you relax and vice versa. If this is you, then maybe you should consider a garden office. Why, you ask? Well, we’ve got 7 great reasons…
- An escape from day-to-day distractions: Kids, pets, a dishwasher that needs unloading, paperwork that needs doing… When you work from home, it’s all too easy to let your home admin blend into your working day. A separate garden workspace will mean you have a personal workspace where you can focus fully and be free of niggling distractions.
- A better work-life balance: Similarly, if you work from home there’s less separation between your home and work life. You can easily end up firing off a quick email out of hours or letting work stresses cloud your evenings, weekends and time spent off work. A dedicated office is a good solution to this problem - giving you the separation of a dedicated workspace with all the flexibility and benefits of home working.
- A 20-second commute: Say goodbye to your season ticket - with a bespoke garden room as your office, you could have all the functionality and focus of an office with a much shorter commute.
- Boost your property value: When the time comes to move on, bespoke extras such as a garden study can boost the value of your property - it’s a win win.
- A space that’s yours: Let your imagination run wild - not only do the Garden Trellis Co offer a completely bespoke service that will mean you design your ideal office space from the outside in, if it’s your office, you can choose exactly what you want to do with it - whether that’s adding a coffee machine, an extra-comfy desk chair, colourful wall art or table football!
- A chance to enjoy nature: What better desk-side view to have than of your garden? Being surrounded by nature can boost your mood, decrease stress and increase productivity, with studies consistently showing that plants boost productivity and employee satisfaction in offices.
- Save space in your house: Maybe your home office is taking up a room that it would be great to have as a spare room (or a playroom for your kids so you can finally get some peace and quiet?) Moving your office to your garden will not only be an upgrade for you, it will free up space in your home.
Does this sound tempting? Get in touch with us for a free quote and we’re sure we’ll be able to build the perfect garden office for you, without you having to lift a finger.