Terms & Conditions for our Bespoke Service
- In these conditions, The Garden Trellis Company Ltd shall be referred to as "the company" or "we", and the person or firm who agreed to purchase the product will be referred to as "the client" or "you".
- A quotation given by the company is an invitation to treat and not an offer. The Company may withdraw or amend any quotation at any time prior to our acceptance of your order, which will occur when we issue a written acknowledgement or when we begin to process your order, whichever is the earlier.
- Quotations are valid for 30 days from date of issue.
- Planning permission is the ultimate responsibility of the client unless the Company is requested in writing to apply on behalf of the Client, for which the Client will pay all fees and expenses incurred during pursuit of planning permission from the Council and the Company.
- The Client will confirm an order verbally or in writing. Full payment will be required prior to processing of the order. Credit terms may be offered at the Company's discretion.
- Interest will be charged on any outstanding account at the rate of 3% per month at the Company's discretion.
- No order may be cancelled by the Client except with the agreement in writing of the company and on terms that the Client shall indemnify the Company against all losses (including loss of profit), costs, damages, charges and expenses incurred by the company as a result of cancellation.
- The Company's obligation to the Client is limited to repairing, or at its discretion, replacing any defective component and shall not extend to the natural movement or shrinkage in timber, nor any form of neglect or lack of maintenance or unreasonable usage by the Client for a period no longer than 12 months from date of invoice.
- Client is responsible for ease of access at the time of delivery and for ensuring the site and area is clear for working and providing a free source of electricity. Any delay at point of delivery or assembly caused by the Client will be charged for.
- The Client will be responsible for the safekeeping of the products during the construction period at the times when the representatives of the Company have notified the Client they will be off site.
- Until the Company has been paid in full for the product(s), even though the risk has passed to the Client, the title in the product(s) will remain vested in the Company until the Company has received all sums due from the Client to the Company. The Client will hold on to all product(s) in which it does not have title as bailee for the Company and maintain the product(s) in good order. The Company has the right to recover the product(s) any time after the date payment is due and to be granted access to do so.
- The Client shall be liable to indemnify the Company against all losses directly incurred once the order has been placed and work commenced if that order is then cancelled, this may amount to the full value of a non stock product which has been specifically designed for the Client.
- The Company will take great care and skill whilst assembling the product(s) but will not accept responsibility for any damage caused to any garden structures, plants, grass or ornaments.
- All orders accepted and agreements for work and delivery are given conditionally upon the Company being able to secure necessary labour, materials and transport and without responsibility for delays from strikes, lockouts, trade disputes, uncertainties of manufacture, fire, accident, or force majeure, while every effort will be made to comply with the quoted anticipated delivery date, time will not be regarded as being of the essence of the contract.
- Some natural oils can discharge from Iroko and Western Red Cedar products during the first 6-12 months after installation. This is a natural occurrence and generally hasn't presented a problem, however we have had a small number of instances where the oils have left stains on painted or rendered walls and tiled/paved terraces. It is not a long term problem - as the timber naturally weathers it stabilises and the residue stops discharging. However, if you have a situation where you think it may be a problem, the panels can be sealed at an extra charge with a clear sealer which will help inhibit this from happening.
- We source high quality milled lead where specified. While every precaution is taken during the assembly process and patination oil applied prior to delivery, discolouration due to natural oxidisation may occur.
- Our mirrors (both glass and acrylic) are fixed to ply backing in our workshop and are quality checked prior to supplying to customers to make sure they are as straight as possible. Some bowing and/or flexing (particularly with the acrylic material) may occur over time which is natural and we cannot be responsible for.
- It is the responsibility of ‘The Customer’ to provide free and unobstructed access for product delivery. If access to your delivery address is restricted, please let us know. Deliveries only include one member of staff and we will deliver your order to the main entrance of the delivery address only. Our drivers will make every effort to deliver the goods as close as possible to the main entrance on the ground floor. If that is not possible due to road surface or other conditions beyond our control, our drivers are instructed to unload the goods beside, or close to, the vehicle on firm ground. Customers are encouraged to accept their first offered delivery date as stock availability and alternative delivery dates cannot be guaranteed at all times.
- For paint life expectancy – please refer to our Resources Section.
- We will endeavour to colour match where possible but due to the complicated process for mixing paint we cannot give a 100% guarantee. Please note, the texture of the surface you apply the paint to can change the colour.
- Timber is a natural material and if left unfinished will weather and change colour. A seal needs to be applied before exposure to the elements and regular maintenance carried out if not the original colour tones will change to a silvery grey.
- Studded posts are suitable only for fixing top panels atop suitable for double thickness brick walls only, for single bricked walls, different fitting methods are required.
If you require further explanation, please contact us and ask to speak with a member of the office team.
Additional - Supply only terms and conditions
We are happy to operate on a supply only basis for all our goods but please note the following additions to our standard terms and conditions:
- Unless otherwise agreed, prior to confirmation of an order we will either supply a drawing or a list of all goods, which make up the order.
- It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that the goods quoted for and subsequently ordered are correct. This is regardless of whether we have conducted a site visit or not.
- The order confirmation must be signed by the party to whom the invoice will be made out to and this therefore is our customer.
- It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that the goods and services supplied are in line with the expectations of any third parties involved on the project (i.e. garden designers, installing contractors etc). Any amendments to or additional items required outside of the drawings or goods listed as part of the order confirmation will be chargeable.
- It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that the delivered goods are as ordered and in a satisfactory condition. If the goods are not signed for by the customer then it will be deemed that any person accepting the goods and subsequently signing for them is authorised to do so.
- Goods which are left unsigned for in a pre-agreed place are left at the customer's risk. The customer must check the goods as soon as possible and any damaged items must be reported to the Garden Trellis company within 24 hours of delivery.